Chef Moe's Avocado Salad
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 ripe Avocado (soft to the touch)
- 12 oz. Crab Meat (imitation)
- Heart of Celery or 2 stalks (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 sweet Yellow Pepper (1/2 cup)
- 2-4 Tbsp. fresh Cilantro (8 stems with leaves)
- 1 Tbsp. sweet or green Onion
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. white or black Pepper
- (opt.) Lettuce Leaves
- (opt.) Black Olives
- (opt.) Bistro Crackers
- Finely chop the crab-stuffing ingredients (crab meat, celery, yellow pepper, cilantro & onion) and mix together. (Amounts are approximate; feel free to adjust for your taste.)
- In a separate container, stir together the following dressing ingredients: mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Blend dressing with crab-stuffing.
- Chill for several hours.
- Rinse each avocado, cut in half, and twist open.
- De-seed each by whacking a sharp knife into the seed and then twisting the seed loose (be careful).
- Fill avocado halves with chilled mixture.
- Serve on lettuce leaves with a few black olives and Bistro crackers.
- Chef Moe once owned the Casa Blanca, the only 5-star restaurant in Murdo, SD. He provided superb food, relaxing music, and great times. Moe is as unique as his cooking. We love Moe's cuisine, especially his Avocado Salad! (Which even us novices can make.) Unable to live without his gourmet meals, and seldom making it to Murdo, we resorted to "stealing" the recipe. Thanks, Moe!
This recipe was submitted by: Wally and Kathy Sorenson of Lake Preston, SD