Jerk Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup jerk paste
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 4-6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- (optional) 1 can of beef bouillon
- Combine one cup jerk paste with 1/2 cup beer and 1/4 cup soy sauce.
- Boil and thicken by adding 4-6 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water.
- If too hot for your taste, add one can of beef bouillon and thicken as needed with cornstarch, as above.
- Use as a condiment and for making jerked hamburgers.
- Keeps 1 month refrigerated
- This sauce can be very spicy.
- If too spicy, do not drink water. A teaspoon of sugar, a sugary drink, milk or sour cream is much more effective.
This recipe was submitted by: Wally and Kathy Sorenson of Lake Preston, SD