Whole Smoked Chicken
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- 5-8lb Chicken, whole
- Rinse the whole chicken with water. Dry chicken with paper towels. Liberally season breast with Dakota Grills Country Seasonings™
- Fill smoker tray FULL of Mesquite Chips.
- Place chicken on grill breast side down. Season back with Dakota Grills Country Seasonings™.
- Insert probe and shut the lid! Set Cooking temp for 320°F. Set Probe for 170°F. When done, remove bird from grill and flip over onto back. Tent with foil for a good 15 minutes if you can then enjoy!
- I like to place bird breast down as my theory is the fat juices run through the breast before exiting the bird. Also, I've increased the temp to 325°F but not until it's cooked at 320°F for at least 1hr 30 min. It'll hit 170°F fast!. It'll be black on the outside, but holy moly is it good!
This recipe was submitted by: Juli Baynes