Grilling Time: 1 Hour
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Where to Cook: Lower Grate
- whole pheasant
- 4 slices of bacon per breast
Angie's Pheasant Glaze:
- 1 can of condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 packet Dry Onion Soup Mix
- Milk (enough to make creamy)
- Season pheasant on all sides with Dakota Grills Country Seasoning™.
- Drape breast and thighs with your choice of bacon (do not pin in place).
- Place pheasant on bottom rack on its side; insert probe into top breast.
- Set grill temperature to 320°F and probe to 165°F. Finished in approx. 1 hour from cold grill.
- (If preheated, subtract 10 minutes. If cooking at 340°F, subtract another 10 minutes.)
- In medium-sized pan, mix first 2 ingredients and add milk until thick and creamy (thicker than gravy). Heat on stove until boiling, then cover and heat on LOW.
- Wait until pheasant has been on grill 1/2 hour, then ladle glaze over top pheasant breast and continue cooking.
- (If desired, you may gently flip pheasant over before adding glaze.) Keep remaining glaze on low heat and serve when pheasant is ready.
- Add water or milk to thin glaze, as desired.
- Recommended side-dishes: grill Adam's Onion Sauté, potatoes, sweet corn (soak for 15 minutes, leave husk on), and small sweet potatoes on bottom rack; grill stuffed peppers, carrots, and baconwrapped asparagus on top rack. May also add venison's side-dishes when glazing pheasant. Ready at same time as pheasant.
This recipe was submitted by: Dakota Grills, LLC of Lake Preston, SD