Adam's Butternut Fish
Grilling Time: 30 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- 4 fish fillets
- 1/2 stick butter, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested & squeezed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, Julienned
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- Dakota Grills Sizzlin' Steak Seasoning™ to taste
- (optional) 1/4 cup pineapple, Julienned or Crushed
- Place fillets (skinless) in aluminum pan or foil "boat". Sprinkle with walnuts, garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Then sprinkle fillets with nutmeg and a moderate amount of Dakota Grills Sizzlin Steak Seasoning™.
- Artistically place one or two jalapeño slices on each fillet, along with two or three slices of ginger, a few slices or chunks of pineapple (optional), and one or two slices of butter.
- Deposit any unplaced ingredients in bottom of pan beside fillets.
Works with most kinds of fish, including bass, northern pike, tilapia, halibut, and cod. For a different flavor, you may cook directly on grate (for maximum moisture, leave skin on, or if no skin, place a skin-sized piece of foil underneath each fillet) -- great for fish with high oil content.
Wonderful grilled or smoked.
Even non-fish-lovers will enjoy this recipe.
This recipe was submitted by: Adam Sorenson of Lake Preston, SD