Overnight Beef Brisket
Grilling Time: 15 Hours & 30 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Where to Cook: Lower Shelf
- 8 - 9 Lb Beef Brisket
- Swanson 100% Beef Broth - 48oz
- Dakota Grills Sizzlin' Steak Seasoning
- Heap smoker tray to element with Apple wood.
- Liberally season brisket with Sizzlin' Steak Seasoning
- Place on Grill Fat Side up
- Inject your brisket with Swanson's 100% Natural Beef Broth
- Set Grilling Temp to 320°F and your probe to 195°F
- Smoke for 40 minutes
- Turn the Temp setting down to 225°F
- The first 4 hours of cooking at the 1 hour marks, turn the brisket over, inject and baste with more beef broth and continue cooking low and slow.
- At the 5th hour, when you turn your Brisket, your fat side should be up again.
- Set the Brisket on the top shelf while you make an aluminum foil pan and set on the lower shelf so that your remaining juices are trapped and not run down into your jar, this helps with keeping it juicy.
- Place the Brisket back down into the Aluminum Foil pan
- Pour some more Beef Broth over the top of the Brisket
- Now plug the air hole in the back of your Dakota Grill and go to bed.
- When you awake in the morning, you will find your meet probe up to 195°F and your meat, the most succulent and juicy brisket you have ever had.
- You can use Bar-B-Que sauce like Ol' West for the outside of the Brisket instead of basting with Beef Broth, but I was cooking for a Pregnant mother who could not have anything with sugar in it.
This recipe was submitted by: Larry Juncker of Fort Dodge, Iowa