Charleston Coconut Pie
Grilling Time: 45 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup self-rising Flour
- 1 1/3 cups Sugar
- 1/2 stick Butter or Margarine, melted
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 (8 oz.) can flake Coconut (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven or grill to 350°F.
- Beat all ingredients together and pour into a greased 10-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Though the filling seems unsettled, do not cook pie any longer.
- Refrigerate it, and it will settle without spoiling its creamy consistency.
- Note: May substitute 1/4 cup Savory for the Butter or Margarine. Top with your favorite fruit or berries, or garnish with a sprig of mint and twist of lemon.
This recipe was submitted by: Evelyn Boone