Award-Winning BBQ Brisket
Grilling Time: 8 Hours
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Whole Brisket
- Season Liberally
- Sweet BBQ Sauce (such as Ol' West)
- Heap smoker tray to element with Maple wood.
- Liberally season brisket, grill fat-side-up at 300°F-320°F until probe reaches 160°F which may take 2-3 hours.
- Then set the grill temp at 240°F.
- Repeat following steps every 1 1/2 hours until tender.
- Flip brisket and slather with sweet BBQ sauce such as Ol` West.
- Adjust grill temp as necessary (between 200°F and 250°F) to keep probe temp between 160°F and 185°F.
- Serve right off the grill with BBQ sauce.
- Experiment with various woods (lilac, plum, & cherry - may even cut your own branches) & BBQ sauces for a variety of flavors.
This recipe was submitted by: Dakota Grills, LLC of Lake Preston, SD