Homemade Smoked Ham
Grilling Time: 3 Hours & 30 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- 9-10 lb. of pork roasts or loins, non-injected (no water/tenderizer previously added)
- 1/2 cup of Dakota Grills Sweet Meat Cure™
- 5 cups of water
- Seasoning - use favorite or try Dakota Grills Country Seasoning™
- Mix meat cure with cold water until dissolved. Inject mixture into pork loin at 1" intervals throughout the meat.
- Keep injecting until meat is completely saturated and will not hold more liquid. (You cannot inject too much mixture; excess liquid will just run out.)
- Place pork loin in covered container and refrigerate 4 to 5 days.
- Flip meat once after 1st day.
- When you are ready to cook, remove from fridge.
- Using cold water, rinse meat. Lightly dry and sprinkle with Dakota Grills Country Seasoning™
- Completely fill the smoker attachment with hickory wood chips.
- Place treated meat directly on grate and set the grill for 310°F (do not preheat).
- Set the probe temperature to 160°F.
- Insert the probe into the center of the pork loin and plug the other end into the grill.
- (When the pork loin reaches 160°F internal temperature, it is done - your Dakota Grill automatically switches to Warm Mode.)
- Expected cooking time is 3 ½ hours.
- This results in honest-to goodness ham that is wonderfully delicious.
- Serve warm or cold.
This recipe was submitted by: Dakota Grills, LLC of Lake Preston, SD